Music



Journals
Websites
Tag Board
Credits
Total Distance Clock In
Sling my ass, Baby!
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 / 5:14 AM

Just pulled a all-nighter on a stupid project. It's entitled, Singapore Sling Award. We are supposed to advertise Singapore Sling, which is launching soon in COOL bottles!! And, it's a project that will be able to give me 4 CE points for each Category I participate in. There are 3 categories, 1) Design a website, 2) Plan an Event (Road show etc), 3) Advertisement Designs. My team of 3 participated in 2) and 3). By the time we registered, the deadline was only 2 weeks away. So we decided to meet up to discuss how to go about doing this.

And so we did, one week later. In a bid to make our poster, NICE, we had to forgo using Paint.... So we had to use Photoshop. 3 Guys, who have no background of photoshop. We're dead.. But we experimented around and came up with one, and it was horrific. Frightening I tell you. It was as if we were making the Merlion drown in a pool of Singapore Sling. Picture that!

Due to the stupid Personal Profiling Project that we had to complete too, this was put on hold (which I haven't completed yet.. I'm so dead..). So we met up one day before the deadline. That was when we really got down to work. It's the FIRST time the ENTIRE team met together. 3 man-team and it was so hard to get everyone together. So we designed here and there, plan here and there; HUGE PROGRESS!!!

Results were Helluva' much better than Merlion's happy death.


So this was our first "Presentable" poster. Yes, PRESENTABLE. Imagine what our previous one looked like.

So we met a few days later to improve on the poster. Kong already had done the rough event planning by himself, which I thought was very benevolent of him. Unfortunately he was sick. So Uncle and I designed the poster ourselves.

It came to this.. (By then, we knew some basics of photoshop)
I don't know if it's much better or not, but my sister took one look at this and gave me a constipated look. Usually I'd laugh and continue doing my things when I see her show me that face but then I don't want the judges to give me that look too. So I requested for HELP!! It was late, around 12am, EARLY; Thanks for helping me!!

I messaged Uncle for help on how to edit stuff. Asleep.. Msn-ed Kong for help. Offline..... That was when I heard a flatline from a pulse detector. So I designed another poster by myself, don't know if it was nicer.

Which is nicer??


or


Today's the DEADLINE!!! Bloody hell it's 5:35!! UNCLE & KONG WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!!!